So the stress of tax season is over and you’ve got your return waiting for you in the bank. Wondering what to do with this additional chunk of funds? We have 10 suggestions for you… some a little more practical than others, while some are just plain fun!
(Photo Credit: Shop at Home)
1. Pay off debt. Before indulging in some fun, put the extra chunk of money toward the looming credit card balance. Who knows, maybe by next year you could be debt-free!
2. Upgrade the home. Do that fix-it project you’ve been putting off or waiting to have cash-on-hand for. It could be hiring landscaping help, upgrading the flooring, remodeling the bathroom, or installing energy efficient appliances. Just think of how much money you could save by reducing those utility bills!
3. Get a new car or fix up your current ride. Does the car need and air conditioning repair before the summer or are you just ready for a fresh set of wheels? Take that cash to the dealership and put down a downpayment.
4. Invest in your career. This could mean enrolling in some courses to advance your education, contracting resume assistance to help you land a new job, or investing in new wardrobe attire.
5. Take up a new hobby. Stretch the extra funds out all year by allocating them to a membership to a golf club or surf lessons.
6. Go for an adventure. Try something new and thrilling like going skydiving, scuba diving, or bungee jumping.
7. Get front row seats. What is your favorite sporting event? A Sacramento Kings game? A favorite football or baseball team? Get tickets to see it in person or maybe even get some front-row seats. Don’t forget the hotdogs! If you aren’t into sports, go to a Broadway show or a concert for a favorite band.
8. Take a vacation. You have worked hard all year so why not give yourself a little respite. This could be as simple as a weekend getaway with a significant other or a group of friends or as elaborate as a cruise or a trip across the globe. While you’re at it, why not upgrade to a first class ticket?!
What is your favorite way to spend tax money? Share your feedback in the comments section or tweet to @SacramentoTMT using hashtag #taxrefund
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Sacramento employs a staff of over 40 Full-Time Movers and Drivers, with a fleet of 10 trucks. We have performed home and business moving services in and around the Greater Sacramento area for almost 10 years. Our award winning services include full service moving and packing services and we also sells boxes and packing supplies.